You need to pass the TOEIC or the IELTS to start or finish at university or to qualify for a job that requires a certified level.
English language coaching for students
What we can do for you
Nowadays more and more universities and employers require their students to take a test to certify their knowledge of the English language. And in countries like New Zealand, Canada, Australia, if you are considering working in one of these countries, you’ll have to show the immigration authorities that you can speak the language. And let’s not forget that English is the working language in so many companies around the world; if you are looking for a job a TOEIC certificate is a huge plus in your CV.
After assessing your needs and your level, we will set reasonable and attainable goals and decide on the most effective course of action.
You’ll be working developing the test’s essential skills (listening, reading, writing and speaking for IELTS, reading and listening for TOEIC) revising or studying the essential grammar points and vocabulary required. At the same time we’ll explore strategies and techniques to maximise your results.
TOEIC Level B2 for a new job position
How much it cost
- Need assessment: free,
- 15 x 1h30 sessions
- mock tests written feedback,
- Total: €750
Please note that our programmes are bespoke, prices vary if the sessions are delivered online or in person and the price above applies to this specific case and is given for example only. Discounts apply for bookings of 10 or more sessions.
What the client needed
The client had studied English years before, and had a good grasp of basic grammar points and the vocabulary related to their profession.
A mock TOEIC test had placed them in the A2 band highlighting listening comprehension issues, and specific grammar needs. The desired score was a B2.
What we achieved
- Level assessment meeting: the client was given a mock TOEIC test in order to verify level. We discussed target score and time.
- I created a personalized program which the client validated. We agreed on 15 two-hour coaching sessions, focusing on the necessary skills and strategies to best approach the TOEIC tasks.
- At the end of each session the client received a feedback sheet detailing their progress, weak points, advice on how to improve and tasks for the next sessions.
- After 5 sessions, then again after 10 sessions, the client was given more mock tests to assess their progress.
- This client initial score was in the higher A2 band, their final score was in the B2 band.